Based in Singapore, CharlieLim is a man of many professions - an art director, commercial photographer, fine art veteran and a collector of vintage items. With a career spanning more than four decades, Charlie has worked with a diverse range of clients, from famous celebrities to politicians to ordinary families; all this while continually refining his techniques and pushing the boundaries of photography. His work encompasses a wide spectrum of subjects, from portraits to food presentation, product, industrial and aerial photography.
More than just photography, Charlie has created an innovative product which he describes as “Talking Walls” which are personalized art works, that can be printed on a wide range of medium such as leather, wood, glass and mirror etc.
Closest to his heart, however, is his signature art form dubbed “Light Paintography” a one of its kind light painting photography. Conceptually, Charlie uses a light source to “paint” a subject, creating a light and shadow effect of an “oil-painting”. The end product will be a stunning photograph that when printed on canvas, resembles a Rembrandt painting.
Following are some of Charlie’s accolades and international awards:
• In 2015, Charlie was bestowed the prestigious Singapore Design Golden Jubilee Award by the National Arts Council. The same year saw Charlie secured 3 nominations in the 8th Annual International Color Awards, out of the 7,358 entries from 79 countries.
• Charlie's personal work was exhibited at Ngee Ann Cultural Centre, as part of his Solo SG50 Photo exhibition,
• His works were featured on Vietnam TV four times within a 2 year period.
Brick Lane Gallery In London invited him to take part in the 'Photography Now' Group Exhibition
• Charlie’s work was among one of the 100 international photographers published in the International Masters of Photography Vol. II.
• In 2016, Charlie was Invited by ArtTour International Magazine Exhibition for the Spectrum Miami 2016 event, a juried, contemporary art show in the heart of Miami’s Arts & Entertainment District.
• Two of Charlie's work were selected by Blank Wall Gallery in Greece and were exhibited in their exhibition in June 2016.
• In September 2016, he was Invited to perform at Tian Mu Square in Taichung and was featured in TV Taiwan.
• His portrait shot was shortlisted for Asia Wedding Photographer Association in Hong Kong, Jan 2017.
• Charlie was invited as an international guest speaker for the Photo World Asia 2017 event in Manila, Philippines in January 2017.
• His works has been published in the “Top Artists to Watch!” by Arttour International Magazine Summer Issue 2018.
• Early in March, 2019. One of his work was nominated in the 12th Annual International Color Awards, out of 7,241 entries were received from 79 countries.